Remember way back in November of 2010 when DJBooth favorite Yonas first promised a certain lady that there was Nobody Else for him? Well in the meantime he’s found at least one other dope emcee who share his sentiments, though hopefully not for the same girl, as evidenced on the remix of the previously Booth approved song. Sean Divine’s melodically captivating yet strong production remains unchanged, as does Yonas’ lyrically uplifting opening verse, meaning the real difference here comes in the form of DMV representer Phil Adé’s rhyme work. Speaking of which, Ade gets serious for his 16, leaving behind his usually punchline heavy flow - though he can’t help but drop a hilarious Akon reference - laying down his own homage to the true beauty of women everywhere. Oh, and our very own DJ Z was responsible for connecting to two emcees; what more could you ask for? Actually, you could ask for a full-length project from Yonas, which will arrive in the form of The Proven Theory, available here for purchase.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.