Remember way back in November of 2010 when DJBooth favorite Yonas first promised a certain lady that there was Nobody Else for him? Well in the meantime he’s found at least one other dope emcee who share his sentiments, though hopefully not for the same girl, as evidenced on the remix of the previously Booth approved song. Sean Divine’s melodically captivating yet strong production remains unchanged, as does Yonas’ lyrically uplifting opening verse, meaning the real difference here comes in the form of DMV representer Phil Adé’s rhyme work. Speaking of which, Ade gets serious for his 16, leaving behind his usually punchline heavy flow - though he can’t help but drop a hilarious Akon reference - laying down his own homage to the true beauty of women everywhere. Oh, and our very own DJ Z was responsible for connecting to two emcees; what more could you ask for? Actually, you could ask for a full-length project from Yonas, which will arrive in the form of The Proven Theory, available here for purchase.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.