Remember way back in November of 2010 when DJBooth favorite Yonas first promised a certain lady that there was Nobody Else for him? Well in the meantime he’s found at least one other dope emcee who share his sentiments, though hopefully not for the same girl, as evidenced on the remix of the previously Booth approved song. Sean Divine’s melodically captivating yet strong production remains unchanged, as does Yonas’ lyrically uplifting opening verse, meaning the real difference here comes in the form of DMV representer Phil Adé’s rhyme work. Speaking of which, Ade gets serious for his 16, leaving behind his usually punchline heavy flow - though he can’t help but drop a hilarious Akon reference - laying down his own homage to the true beauty of women everywhere. Oh, and our very own DJ Z was responsible for connecting to two emcees; what more could you ask for? Actually, you could ask for a full-length project from Yonas, which will arrive in the form of The Proven Theory, available here for purchase.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/25/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.