As Shakespeare once asked, “Would a rapper by any other name rhyme as dope?” Ok, so maybe that’s not an exact quote, but the basic principle still applies, and in the case of YONAS (previously known as Cause), the answer is a resounding yes. On Mindless, Yonas’ second Booth feature since changing his name, the young rhymespitter flows as freshly as ever, ducking and dodging in between the bouncing beat with an always precise cadence. With lyricism like this why did YONAS title the track Mindless? Probably because the production, coming to us from the mind of Sean Divine, is the kind of looping, addictive beat that will subconsciously get your head rocking. Still, I recommend you don’t think too hard about it. Some music was just made to be enjoyed. For more from the man be sure to check out his upcoming album Seven, due out this summer. And if you can’t wait that long, keep it locked for YONAS’ exclusive DJBooth freestyle, dropping soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/22/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.