As Shakespeare once asked, “Would a rapper by any other name rhyme as dope?” Ok, so maybe that’s not an exact quote, but the basic principle still applies, and in the case of YONAS (previously known as Cause), the answer is a resounding yes. On Mindless, Yonas’ second Booth feature since changing his name, the young rhymespitter flows as freshly as ever, ducking and dodging in between the bouncing beat with an always precise cadence. With lyricism like this why did YONAS title the track Mindless? Probably because the production, coming to us from the mind of Sean Divine, is the kind of looping, addictive beat that will subconsciously get your head rocking. Still, I recommend you don’t think too hard about it. Some music was just made to be enjoyed. For more from the man be sure to check out his upcoming album Seven, due out this summer. And if you can’t wait that long, keep it locked for YONAS’ exclusive DJBooth freestyle, dropping soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.