As Shakespeare once asked, “Would a rapper by any other name rhyme as dope?” Ok, so maybe that’s not an exact quote, but the basic principle still applies, and in the case of YONAS (previously known as Cause), the answer is a resounding yes. On Mindless, Yonas’ second Booth feature since changing his name, the young rhymespitter flows as freshly as ever, ducking and dodging in between the bouncing beat with an always precise cadence. With lyricism like this why did YONAS title the track Mindless? Probably because the production, coming to us from the mind of Sean Divine, is the kind of looping, addictive beat that will subconsciously get your head rocking. Still, I recommend you don’t think too hard about it. Some music was just made to be enjoyed. For more from the man be sure to check out his upcoming album Seven, due out this summer. And if you can’t wait that long, keep it locked for YONAS’ exclusive DJBooth freestyle, dropping soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.