As Shakespeare once asked, “Would a rapper by any other name rhyme as dope?” Ok, so maybe that’s not an exact quote, but the basic principle still applies, and in the case of YONAS (previously known as Cause), the answer is a resounding yes. On Mindless, Yonas’ second Booth feature since changing his name, the young rhymespitter flows as freshly as ever, ducking and dodging in between the bouncing beat with an always precise cadence. With lyricism like this why did YONAS title the track Mindless? Probably because the production, coming to us from the mind of Sean Divine, is the kind of looping, addictive beat that will subconsciously get your head rocking. Still, I recommend you don’t think too hard about it. Some music was just made to be enjoyed. For more from the man be sure to check out his upcoming album Seven, due out this summer. And if you can’t wait that long, keep it locked for YONAS’ exclusive DJBooth freestyle, dropping soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.