As someone who loves a good argument (Or even a pointless one—why else do you think I’ve been tuning in to the Presidential debates?), I’ve had the pleasure of watching Booth readers judge artists against other artists, and records against their covers and remixes, but never have I gotten the opportunity to oversee a head-to-head battle between two videos for the same song… until now. Today, Yonas Michael has given me the chance by stepping into the Booth with official visuals for Open the Door, a Tony-produced joint which was featured on our front page along with an unofficial video in the lead-up to last fall’s DJBooth-hosted Lost in Hollywood LP. Those cheeky, retro visuals could hardly be more different than the suspenseful, cinematic vignette William Graydon‘s cooked up to accompany the record. I’ll leave it to y’all to decide which flavor you prefer. Wherever you come down on the issue, you should keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the release of Michael’s next project, Blvck Swan Theory.
Written by richard on 10/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.