As someone who loves a good argument (Or even a pointless one—why else do you think I’ve been tuning in to the Presidential debates?), I’ve had the pleasure of watching Booth readers judge artists against other artists, and records against their covers and remixes, but never have I gotten the opportunity to oversee a head-to-head battle between two videos for the same song… until now. Today, Yonas Michael has given me the chance by stepping into the Booth with official visuals for Open the Door, a Tony-produced joint which was featured on our front page along with an unofficial video in the lead-up to last fall’s DJBooth-hosted Lost in Hollywood LP. Those cheeky, retro visuals could hardly be more different than the suspenseful, cinematic vignette William Graydon‘s cooked up to accompany the record. I’ll leave it to y’all to decide which flavor you prefer. Wherever you come down on the issue, you should keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the release of Michael’s next project, Blvck Swan Theory.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.