As someone who loves a good argument (Or even a pointless one—why else do you think I’ve been tuning in to the Presidential debates?), I’ve had the pleasure of watching Booth readers judge artists against other artists, and records against their covers and remixes, but never have I gotten the opportunity to oversee a head-to-head battle between two videos for the same song… until now. Today, Yonas Michael has given me the chance by stepping into the Booth with official visuals for Open the Door, a Tony-produced joint which was featured on our front page along with an unofficial video in the lead-up to last fall’s DJBooth-hosted Lost in Hollywood LP. Those cheeky, retro visuals could hardly be more different than the suspenseful, cinematic vignette William Graydon‘s cooked up to accompany the record. I’ll leave it to y’all to decide which flavor you prefer. Wherever you come down on the issue, you should keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the release of Michael’s next project, Blvck Swan Theory.
Written by richard on 10/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.