Most of my wardrobe comes from Old Navy or the thrift shop (if I am lucky), so it’s safe to say I don’t have the most refined tastes in fashion. Still, I feel confident in saying that Yonas Michael‘s latest effort, Loui Fendi, is every bit as luxurious as the designer labels from which it takes its name. Hink Aaron establishes a glossy, exuberant vibe behind the boards, pairing trap percussion with a relentless brass section. Though Yonas and his guest, A-Dot, both exhibit brash, cutthroat flows, each takes a unique approach to celebrating the finer things in life. Loui Fendi is the latest single off Michael’s forthcoming album, Black Swan Theory. Those who like what they’re hearing are encouraged to check out the artist’s last Booth feature, May’s Great Western Forum.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.