Most of my wardrobe comes from Old Navy or the thrift shop (if I am lucky), so it’s safe to say I don’t have the most refined tastes in fashion. Still, I feel confident in saying that Yonas Michael‘s latest effort, Loui Fendi, is every bit as luxurious as the designer labels from which it takes its name. Hink Aaron establishes a glossy, exuberant vibe behind the boards, pairing trap percussion with a relentless brass section. Though Yonas and his guest, A-Dot, both exhibit brash, cutthroat flows, each takes a unique approach to celebrating the finer things in life. Loui Fendi is the latest single off Michael’s forthcoming album, Black Swan Theory. Those who like what they’re hearing are encouraged to check out the artist’s last Booth feature, May’s Great Western Forum.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.