Most of my wardrobe comes from Old Navy or the thrift shop (if I am lucky), so it’s safe to say I don’t have the most refined tastes in fashion. Still, I feel confident in saying that Yonas Michael‘s latest effort, Loui Fendi, is every bit as luxurious as the designer labels from which it takes its name. Hink Aaron establishes a glossy, exuberant vibe behind the boards, pairing trap percussion with a relentless brass section. Though Yonas and his guest, A-Dot, both exhibit brash, cutthroat flows, each takes a unique approach to celebrating the finer things in life. Loui Fendi is the latest single off Michael’s forthcoming album, Black Swan Theory. Those who like what they’re hearing are encouraged to check out the artist’s last Booth feature, May’s Great Western Forum.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.