Like many emcees, YONAS is determined to shine. For the Big Apple phenom and longtime Booth fave, however, that involves more than simply adorning his body with ice, or rolling down the block in the most immaculate whip. On this newly-released promo cut, a remix of UK singer Ellie Goulding‘s 2011 single Lights, Sean Ross serves up a tweaked rendition of the original’s Richard “Biff” Stannard and Ash Howe-coproduced beat as the artist fills us in on some of the deeper motivations undergirding his hustle. In addition to securing his own financial future, YONAS aspires to bring disparate musical audiences together (”I’m that bridge, I’m that bridge, if you think there’s still a gap / Between that hardcore EDM, and this hip-hop thing called rap.”) and bring glory to the Man Upstairs through his art. While this single isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest from YONAS going into 2013. In the meantime, why not click here and support him in the 2012 Best of the Booth Awards, where he’s currently in the running for Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent)?
Written by richard on 12/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.