Like many emcees, YONAS is determined to shine. For the Big Apple phenom and longtime Booth fave, however, that involves more than simply adorning his body with ice, or rolling down the block in the most immaculate whip. On this newly-released promo cut, a remix of UK singer Ellie Goulding‘s 2011 single Lights, Sean Ross serves up a tweaked rendition of the original’s Richard “Biff” Stannard and Ash Howe-coproduced beat as the artist fills us in on some of the deeper motivations undergirding his hustle. In addition to securing his own financial future, YONAS aspires to bring disparate musical audiences together (”I’m that bridge, I’m that bridge, if you think there’s still a gap / Between that hardcore EDM, and this hip-hop thing called rap.”) and bring glory to the Man Upstairs through his art. While this single isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest from YONAS going into 2013. In the meantime, why not click here and support him in the 2012 Best of the Booth Awards, where he’s currently in the running for Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent)?
Written by richard on 12/18/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)