As an emcee on the come-up, YONAS spends a lot of his time on the road and at clubs—both places that offer ample opportunity to meet women. Fun as groupies and champagne-swilling socialites may be to kick it with, though, they rarely make good long-term relationship material. On Leaving You, the latest single off his recent LP re-release, the Bronx native struggles with the decision to part ways with one such chick; though he can’t help be bewitched by her looks and free-spiritedness, he knows that, at the end of the day, their lifestyles are never going to match up. Corbett provides a tuneful string/piano backdrop for the Booth fave’s bars, and Jasmine Poole lends her vocals to the hook. Jakob Owens‘s official visuals round out the package. The Transition (Deluxe Edition) is available now digitally. The DJBooth is a media sponsor of the artist’s upcoming Up All Night Tour; click here to learn when Yonas and tourmate Pell will be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 03/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.