As an emcee on the come-up, YONAS spends a lot of his time on the road and at clubs—both places that offer ample opportunity to meet women. Fun as groupies and champagne-swilling socialites may be to kick it with, though, they rarely make good long-term relationship material. On Leaving You, the latest single off his recent LP re-release, the Bronx native struggles with the decision to part ways with one such chick; though he can’t help be bewitched by her looks and free-spiritedness, he knows that, at the end of the day, their lifestyles are never going to match up. Corbett provides a tuneful string/piano backdrop for the Booth fave’s bars, and Jasmine Poole lends her vocals to the hook. Jakob Owens‘s official visuals round out the package. The Transition (Deluxe Edition) is available now digitally. The DJBooth is a media sponsor of the artist’s upcoming Up All Night Tour; click here to learn when Yonas and tourmate Pell will be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 03/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.