As an emcee on the come-up, YONAS spends a lot of his time on the road and at clubs—both places that offer ample opportunity to meet women. Fun as groupies and champagne-swilling socialites may be to kick it with, though, they rarely make good long-term relationship material. On Leaving You, the latest single off his recent LP re-release, the Bronx native struggles with the decision to part ways with one such chick; though he can’t help be bewitched by her looks and free-spiritedness, he knows that, at the end of the day, their lifestyles are never going to match up. Corbett provides a tuneful string/piano backdrop for the Booth fave’s bars, and Jasmine Poole lends her vocals to the hook. Jakob Owens‘s official visuals round out the package. The Transition (Deluxe Edition) is available now digitally. The DJBooth is a media sponsor of the artist’s upcoming Up All Night Tour; click here to learn when Yonas and tourmate Pell will be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 03/12/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.