As an emcee on the come-up, YONAS spends a lot of his time on the road and at clubs—both places that offer ample opportunity to meet women. Fun as groupies and champagne-swilling socialites may be to kick it with, though, they rarely make good long-term relationship material. On Leaving You, the latest single off his recent LP re-release, the Bronx native struggles with the decision to part ways with one such chick; though he can’t help be bewitched by her looks and free-spiritedness, he knows that, at the end of the day, their lifestyles are never going to match up. Corbett provides a tuneful string/piano backdrop for the Booth fave’s bars, and Jasmine Poole lends her vocals to the hook. Jakob Owens‘s official visuals round out the package. The Transition (Deluxe Edition) is available now digitally. The DJBooth is a media sponsor of the artist’s upcoming Up All Night Tour; click here to learn when Yonas and tourmate Pell will be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 03/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.