Four weeks atop our Indie Chart (with three different records, no less), the 250th and final entry in the DJBooth.net Freestyle Series, placement on our compilation EP with Champ Sports (2011 Remixed Vol 1)—yes, Yonas has been doing it pretty damn big lately. And you know what that means: if the haters aren’t out in full force yet, they will be very soon. On his latest promo cut, released after fans rose to the occasion in a 200-Facebook “like” challenge, the Big Apple buzzmaker informs those who’d like to see him crash and burn that he’s got his key in the Ingnition and hes not gonna let anyone impede his race to the top of the game. Sean Divine, Yonas’ collaborator on cuts like Stand Out and Fall Back, once again lends a hand behind the boards; over the producer’s slow-rolling percussion and staccato brass/keyboard stabs, the artist busts out some of his most furious flows in recent memory, even transitioning into a sung-rapped delivery as he forecasts his C.O.D. Crew’s imminent industry takeover. This swagger-drenched cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can keep it locked you-know-where for anything and everything Yonas.
Written by richard on 07/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.