Four weeks atop our Indie Chart (with three different records, no less), the 250th and final entry in the DJBooth.net Freestyle Series, placement on our compilation EP with Champ Sports (2011 Remixed Vol 1)—yes, Yonas has been doing it pretty damn big lately. And you know what that means: if the haters aren’t out in full force yet, they will be very soon. On his latest promo cut, released after fans rose to the occasion in a 200-Facebook “like” challenge, the Big Apple buzzmaker informs those who’d like to see him crash and burn that he’s got his key in the Ingnition and hes not gonna let anyone impede his race to the top of the game. Sean Divine, Yonas’ collaborator on cuts like Stand Out and Fall Back, once again lends a hand behind the boards; over the producer’s slow-rolling percussion and staccato brass/keyboard stabs, the artist busts out some of his most furious flows in recent memory, even transitioning into a sung-rapped delivery as he forecasts his C.O.D. Crew’s imminent industry takeover. This swagger-drenched cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can keep it locked you-know-where for anything and everything Yonas.
Written by richard on 07/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.