After seeing how effectively Yonas stirred Booth readers’ hearts with his last feature, Nobody Else, I got to thinking: if the Northeastern buzzmaker channeled that inspirational energy into a straight-up motivational/street anthem, he could really bring down the house. Well, he has, and (I think) he will. Making its world premiere in the Booth, I Could is a grandiose ode to the grind with a braggadocious, but down-to-Earth lyrical sensibility. Over Sean Divine‘s instrumental, featuring a pensive, arpeggiated-synth verse and an appropriately earth-shaking chorus, the emcee expresses his determination to conquer the rap game and make his mother (and the man upstairs) proud. And his penmanship is just as impressive as his dedication to the game, as showcased in internal-rhyme peppered lines like: “If you’re in a daze I can help you out your coma / No diploma, but the art I do belongs inside the Moma.” Does this triumphant banger leave you feeling ready to take on the world? Then keep it locked for all the latest on Yonas’ forthcoming, yet-untitled project, scheduled to drop February 14.
Written by richard on 11/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.