Why does Yonas rock the mic? You might as well ask why birds choose to sing, or why 2 Chainz steals panties from women’s clotheslines: “It’s something that just Feels Right.” Natural as kicking rhymes might be to the Big Apple representative and longtime Booth fave, his singleminded pursuit of rap excellence hasn’t come without its price. On a standout selection off his just-released, DJBooth-sponsored full-length, the artist reaffirms his determination to succeed while acknowledging the stresses and sacrifices of his hustle, flowing over the upbeat synth production of Sean Ross. Guest emcee Logic tackles the physical side of the equation: “Come to find out the doctor said I had a throat infection / Not to mention I got a couple shows this week / Now, how I’m supposed to hit the stage if I can’t even speak?” Needless to say, the DMV repper doesn’t let a few punk-ass bacteria slow his roll; with a quick caveat regarding the potentially f**ked-up state of his voice, he gets right back to the business of microphone murder. Craving more ambitious bangers from Yonas and company? You’ll find what you seek on The Transition, available here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.