After years on the hustle, Big Apple emcee Yonas is finally starting to Feel the Love he so richly deserves. (We in The DJBooth, of course, were with him every step of the way.) To celebrate his rising stature in the game, the longtmie reader fave has flipped the 2012 breakout single from UK electronic trio Rudimental into an anthem for his hustle. Yonas’ constant behind-the-boards collaborator, Sean Ross, makes a few tweaks to the source material, chopping up the arrangement and fortifying the percussion rhythm with some booming 808 bass. The emcee comes with bars to match the triumphant backdrop, asking listeners to “forgive [his] momentary arrogance” as he lords his recent successes over the competition. This remix is slated to appear on forthcoming mixtape The Transition 2: Bright Lights, Big City, dropping digitally at a yet-undetermined date in the near future. In the meantime, fans can still cop Yonas’ last street release, The Black Canvas.
Written by richard on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.