After years on the hustle, Big Apple emcee Yonas is finally starting to Feel the Love he so richly deserves. (We in The DJBooth, of course, were with him every step of the way.) To celebrate his rising stature in the game, the longtmie reader fave has flipped the 2012 breakout single from UK electronic trio Rudimental into an anthem for his hustle. Yonas’ constant behind-the-boards collaborator, Sean Ross, makes a few tweaks to the source material, chopping up the arrangement and fortifying the percussion rhythm with some booming 808 bass. The emcee comes with bars to match the triumphant backdrop, asking listeners to “forgive [his] momentary arrogance” as he lords his recent successes over the competition. This remix is slated to appear on forthcoming mixtape The Transition 2: Bright Lights, Big City, dropping digitally at a yet-undetermined date in the near future. In the meantime, fans can still cop Yonas’ last street release, The Black Canvas.
Written by richard on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.