Life is short, so why drive slow? Yonas, for one, isn’t about to let a solitary second go to waste; now that he’s commandeered the rap game, he’s gonna Drive It Like It’s Stolen. Leak numero uno off the Big Apple repper and freestyle series alumnus’ next street album finds him taking a breakneck lyrical victory lap—and taunting the competitors who are left eating his dust. With Glitch Mob‘s sizzling synths and strutting percussion as his backdrop, the emcee takes aim at opponents of all stripes; in addition to opining that he’s iller than Mac Miller, he threatens to put backpack-rocking hipsters six feet under and ends by advising industry vets to retire already: “Sick of old rappers, they should kick a bucket / ‘cause I’m the guy guys respect and girls fall in love with.” Is Yonas destined to conquer rap, Alexander the Great style? Only time will tell—but I certainly wouldn’t stand in the way of his tricked-out chariot. If you like what you’re hearing, you’ll be able to witness the next chapter in the reader fave’s industry takeover June 25, when new mixtape The Transiiton arrives on the ‘net.
Written by richard on 06/11/12
NYC phenom Yonas has come together with The DJBooth, 2DopeBoyz and GoodMusicAllDay to bring listeners his latest street release, The Transition. Intended to mark the entrance into a new stage of his career, the project...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.