They said it couldn’t be done. They thought DJBooth rising star Yonas couldn’t top his previous, highly rated successes like Mindless and In Too Deep. And yet, despite what they said, we have in our headphones perhaps one of the best Yonas tracks to date, It Couldn’t Be Done. Produced by double-first-named beatsmith Sean Ross, who here laces a soulful, propulsive sonic backdrop, Couldn’t Be Done follows Yonas as he lays down the kind of intricate microphone work we’ve come to expect from the Bronx native: “So I die to be unique, never ridin with defeat, never do me like they did Kennedy ridin in his seat.” Or maybe I’m getting carried away? Maybe Couldn’t Be Done isn’t as dope as I think? As always, the rest of the Booth will set me straight soon. While the track will likely be a part of a future Yonas product, he’s keeping the details of said project strictly under wraps. Looks like you’ll just have to keep it locked for further developments.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.