They said it couldn’t be done. They thought DJBooth rising star Yonas couldn’t top his previous, highly rated successes like Mindless and In Too Deep. And yet, despite what they said, we have in our headphones perhaps one of the best Yonas tracks to date, It Couldn’t Be Done. Produced by double-first-named beatsmith Sean Ross, who here laces a soulful, propulsive sonic backdrop, Couldn’t Be Done follows Yonas as he lays down the kind of intricate microphone work we’ve come to expect from the Bronx native: “So I die to be unique, never ridin with defeat, never do me like they did Kennedy ridin in his seat.” Or maybe I’m getting carried away? Maybe Couldn’t Be Done isn’t as dope as I think? As always, the rest of the Booth will set me straight soon. While the track will likely be a part of a future Yonas product, he’s keeping the details of said project strictly under wraps. Looks like you’ll just have to keep it locked for further developments.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.