A little thought can be a dangerous thing. Take Booth fave Yonas, for example—what started as a simple urge to put words down on paper quickly blossomed into an unstoppable drive to understand the world around him. Now, on his latest effort, the NYC native’s graduated to racking his brains over the meaning of life. As he puts it, “I’ve been searching for a reason—a reason to live, a Reason to Breathe.” No armchair philosopher, however, Yonas keeps his feet planted firmly on the pavement even as he’s contemplating his innermost thoughts and feelings; over Sean Ross’ slow-rolling yet driven, eminently head-noddable piano-breakbeat groove, the artist makes clear that his mission as an artist is much bigger than him: “I’m usin’ my music to improve on what’s left—It’s sorta like I’m movin’ mountains when I’m movin’ the clef.” Bringing peace and harmony to the populace via hot beats and rhymes is a tall order, but Yonas’ sizable Booth fanbase attests to the number of lives he’s already touched. If you count yourself among that group, you’ve likely already downloaded Yonas’ Booth fresestyle,the final entry in our long-running series—but, just in case, you can stream and download Get ‘Em here!
Written by richard on 06/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.