Women lie, men lie, and while numbers may not lie, both men and women lie about numbers, meaning numbers also can’t be trusted. Follow all that? If not don’t worry, just listen to Yo Gotti’s cut Women Lie, Men Lie, a newly leaked track inspired by Jay-Z’s famous line from Reminder. While a Hova appearance would have been money (pun intended), having Lil Wayne jump on the track ain’t so bad either, and while Gotti’s raspy flow works well with the swaggering, electronically soaked production from Brad Young & Seneca, without Weezy’s guest verse I’m not sure we’d be talking about this track today; Gotti’s rhymes are solid, but honestly he doesn’t have solo hitmaking power, at least yet. J Records/Pologrounds aren’t sure if they’re going to include Women Lie, Men Lie on Gotti’s debut album, so your feedback on this one is especially important. Come on Booth, really speak your mind on this one, and whatever you do, don’t lie.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.