Women lie, men lie, and while numbers may not lie, both men and women lie about numbers, meaning numbers also can’t be trusted. Follow all that? If not don’t worry, just listen to Yo Gotti’s cut Women Lie, Men Lie, a newly leaked track inspired by Jay-Z’s famous line from Reminder. While a Hova appearance would have been money (pun intended), having Lil Wayne jump on the track ain’t so bad either, and while Gotti’s raspy flow works well with the swaggering, electronically soaked production from Brad Young & Seneca, without Weezy’s guest verse I’m not sure we’d be talking about this track today; Gotti’s rhymes are solid, but honestly he doesn’t have solo hitmaking power, at least yet. J Records/Pologrounds aren’t sure if they’re going to include Women Lie, Men Lie on Gotti’s debut album, so your feedback on this one is especially important. Come on Booth, really speak your mind on this one, and whatever you do, don’t lie.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.