When TVT Records ceased operations in ‘08, its remaining assets and artist contracts were purchased by digital music label The Orchard. One of the artists to make the transition is the self-proclaimed “King of Memphis” (a claim DJ Paul might dispute), Yo Gotti, whose final album under the deal is the sequel to his ‘08 mixtape, Cocaine Muzik. First leaked in November of ‘08 and already catching on at rhythmic urban stations in the Dirty South and Midwest, we are proud to present CM2‘s lead single, Sold Out. Though Gotti’s lyrics still aren’t the strongest (he adopts a Gucci Mane-style flow here), Swizzo‘s beat makes the record a bona fide whip banger (bonus points if you’ve got subwoofers). A bidding war won’t be necessary after the March 26th release of Cocaine Muzik 2; as soon as that contract’s up, Yo Gotti will be free to reap the benefits of his brand new deal with J Records.
Written by Burmy on 03/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.