When TVT Records ceased operations in ‘08, its remaining assets and artist contracts were purchased by digital music label The Orchard. One of the artists to make the transition is the self-proclaimed “King of Memphis” (a claim DJ Paul might dispute), Yo Gotti, whose final album under the deal is the sequel to his ‘08 mixtape, Cocaine Muzik. First leaked in November of ‘08 and already catching on at rhythmic urban stations in the Dirty South and Midwest, we are proud to present CM2‘s lead single, Sold Out. Though Gotti’s lyrics still aren’t the strongest (he adopts a Gucci Mane-style flow here), Swizzo‘s beat makes the record a bona fide whip banger (bonus points if you’ve got subwoofers). A bidding war won’t be necessary after the March 26th release of Cocaine Muzik 2; as soon as that contract’s up, Yo Gotti will be free to reap the benefits of his brand new deal with J Records.
Written by Burmy on 03/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.