When TVT Records ceased operations in ‘08, its remaining assets and artist contracts were purchased by digital music label The Orchard. One of the artists to make the transition is the self-proclaimed “King of Memphis” (a claim DJ Paul might dispute), Yo Gotti, whose final album under the deal is the sequel to his ‘08 mixtape, Cocaine Muzik. First leaked in November of ‘08 and already catching on at rhythmic urban stations in the Dirty South and Midwest, we are proud to present CM2‘s lead single, Sold Out. Though Gotti’s lyrics still aren’t the strongest (he adopts a Gucci Mane-style flow here), Swizzo‘s beat makes the record a bona fide whip banger (bonus points if you’ve got subwoofers). A bidding war won’t be necessary after the March 26th release of Cocaine Muzik 2; as soon as that contract’s up, Yo Gotti will be free to reap the benefits of his brand new deal with J Records.
Listen to More: Yo Gotti Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!