When TVT Records ceased operations in ‘08, its remaining assets and artist contracts were purchased by digital music label The Orchard. One of the artists to make the transition is the self-proclaimed “King of Memphis” (a claim DJ Paul might dispute), Yo Gotti, whose final album under the deal is the sequel to his ‘08 mixtape, Cocaine Muzik. First leaked in November of ‘08 and already catching on at rhythmic urban stations in the Dirty South and Midwest, we are proud to present CM2‘s lead single, Sold Out. Though Gotti’s lyrics still aren’t the strongest (he adopts a Gucci Mane-style flow here), Swizzo‘s beat makes the record a bona fide whip banger (bonus points if you’ve got subwoofers). A bidding war won’t be necessary after the March 26th release of Cocaine Muzik 2; as soon as that contract’s up, Yo Gotti will be free to reap the benefits of his brand new deal with J Records.
Listen to More: Yo Gotti
Written by Burmy on 03/5/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)