When TVT Records ceased operations in ‘08, its remaining assets and artist contracts were purchased by digital music label The Orchard. One of the artists to make the transition is the self-proclaimed “King of Memphis” (a claim DJ Paul might dispute), Yo Gotti, whose final album under the deal is the sequel to his ‘08 mixtape, Cocaine Muzik. First leaked in November of ‘08 and already catching on at rhythmic urban stations in the Dirty South and Midwest, we are proud to present CM2‘s lead single, Sold Out. Though Gotti’s lyrics still aren’t the strongest (he adopts a Gucci Mane-style flow here), Swizzo‘s beat makes the record a bona fide whip banger (bonus points if you’ve got subwoofers). A bidding war won’t be necessary after the March 26th release of Cocaine Muzik 2; as soon as that contract’s up, Yo Gotti will be free to reap the benefits of his brand new deal with J Records.
Listen to More: Yo Gotti
Written by Burmy on 03/5/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.