In a famous Greek legend, the vain Narcissus fell so deeply in love with his reflection in a pool of water that he found himself rooted to the spot, unable to look away even to save his life. If you don’t hear from Yo Gotti for a few months, you can safely assume that he’s met a similar fate – as he explains on current single Look in the Mirror, the Memphis native just can’t get enough of… himself. On this officially remixed version of the cut, Gotti is joined by a three-pack of Booth favorites. While D.C. heavyweight Wale, Steel City kush fiend Wiz Khalifa and Roc Nation representative J. Cole may not seem like obvious choices to go in over Shawty Redd and D. Rich‘s trunk-banging production, the collaborators prove that (self)love knows no regional boundaries, each peppering the track with dopely narcissistic lyrical fire. It’s kinda heartwarming, really. I’ll leave it to Booth readers to decide which emcee came out on top, but those left craving more should most definitely keep it locked for the latest on Live From the Kitchen, currently set to drop in December.
Written by richard on 09/30/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.