In a famous Greek legend, the vain Narcissus fell so deeply in love with his reflection in a pool of water that he found himself rooted to the spot, unable to look away even to save his life. If you don’t hear from Yo Gotti for a few months, you can safely assume that he’s met a similar fate – as he explains on current single Look in the Mirror, the Memphis native just can’t get enough of… himself. On this officially remixed version of the cut, Gotti is joined by a three-pack of Booth favorites. While D.C. heavyweight Wale, Steel City kush fiend Wiz Khalifa and Roc Nation representative J. Cole may not seem like obvious choices to go in over Shawty Redd and D. Rich‘s trunk-banging production, the collaborators prove that (self)love knows no regional boundaries, each peppering the track with dopely narcissistic lyrical fire. It’s kinda heartwarming, really. I’ll leave it to Booth readers to decide which emcee came out on top, but those left craving more should most definitely keep it locked for the latest on Live From the Kitchen, currently set to drop in December.
Written by richard on 09/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.