In a famous Greek legend, the vain Narcissus fell so deeply in love with his reflection in a pool of water that he found himself rooted to the spot, unable to look away even to save his life. If you don’t hear from Yo Gotti for a few months, you can safely assume that he’s met a similar fate – as he explains on current single Look in the Mirror, the Memphis native just can’t get enough of… himself. On this officially remixed version of the cut, Gotti is joined by a three-pack of Booth favorites. While D.C. heavyweight Wale, Steel City kush fiend Wiz Khalifa and Roc Nation representative J. Cole may not seem like obvious choices to go in over Shawty Redd and D. Rich‘s trunk-banging production, the collaborators prove that (self)love knows no regional boundaries, each peppering the track with dopely narcissistic lyrical fire. It’s kinda heartwarming, really. I’ll leave it to Booth readers to decide which emcee came out on top, but those left craving more should most definitely keep it locked for the latest on Live From the Kitchen, currently set to drop in December.
Written by richard on 09/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.