In a famous Greek legend, the vain Narcissus fell so deeply in love with his reflection in a pool of water that he found himself rooted to the spot, unable to look away even to save his life. If you don’t hear from Yo Gotti for a few months, you can safely assume that he’s met a similar fate – as he explains on current single Look in the Mirror, the Memphis native just can’t get enough of… himself. On this officially remixed version of the cut, Gotti is joined by a three-pack of Booth favorites. While D.C. heavyweight Wale, Steel City kush fiend Wiz Khalifa and Roc Nation representative J. Cole may not seem like obvious choices to go in over Shawty Redd and D. Rich‘s trunk-banging production, the collaborators prove that (self)love knows no regional boundaries, each peppering the track with dopely narcissistic lyrical fire. It’s kinda heartwarming, really. I’ll leave it to Booth readers to decide which emcee came out on top, but those left craving more should most definitely keep it locked for the latest on Live From the Kitchen, currently set to drop in December.
Written by richard on 09/30/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)