Who’s down for taking a trip over to the trap today? Memphis rapper Yo Gotti is fresh off the release of his latest album, Live From The Kitchen, and he’s got a treat to share. With lyrical assists from Wiz Khalifa and Big Sean, along with a hook from Big K.R.I.T., it’s not hard to imagine them all in a cozy tree kitchen stirring pots like ratchet cousins of the Keebler elves…or maybe it’s just me? Look people, it’s a metaphor. Work with me here. In any event, Gotti’s taken it upon himself to wax poetic about the fairer sex complete with words like “sadditty” and obligatory references to red bottom heels. It comes as no surprise that Wiz’s half-sung verse is yet another thinly veiled Amber Rose nod, and Sean feels compelled to share that his girl’s “body [is] Jamaican but the vagina is Asian.” POW! Mike Will‘s production is catchy and easy on the ears, so don’t be surprised if you get the chorus stuck in your head. Check out Live From The Kitchen and keep it locked on DJBooth for more Yo Gotti in the future.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 01/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.