Who’s down for taking a trip over to the trap today? Memphis rapper Yo Gotti is fresh off the release of his latest album, Live From The Kitchen, and he’s got a treat to share. With lyrical assists from Wiz Khalifa and Big Sean, along with a hook from Big K.R.I.T., it’s not hard to imagine them all in a cozy tree kitchen stirring pots like ratchet cousins of the Keebler elves…or maybe it’s just me? Look people, it’s a metaphor. Work with me here. In any event, Gotti’s taken it upon himself to wax poetic about the fairer sex complete with words like “sadditty” and obligatory references to red bottom heels. It comes as no surprise that Wiz’s half-sung verse is yet another thinly veiled Amber Rose nod, and Sean feels compelled to share that his girl’s “body [is] Jamaican but the vagina is Asian.” POW! Mike Will‘s production is catchy and easy on the ears, so don’t be surprised if you get the chorus stuck in your head. Check out Live From The Kitchen and keep it locked on DJBooth for more Yo Gotti in the future.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 01/18/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.