Who’s down for taking a trip over to the trap today? Memphis rapper Yo Gotti is fresh off the release of his latest album, Live From The Kitchen, and he’s got a treat to share. With lyrical assists from Wiz Khalifa and Big Sean, along with a hook from Big K.R.I.T., it’s not hard to imagine them all in a cozy tree kitchen stirring pots like ratchet cousins of the Keebler elves…or maybe it’s just me? Look people, it’s a metaphor. Work with me here. In any event, Gotti’s taken it upon himself to wax poetic about the fairer sex complete with words like “sadditty” and obligatory references to red bottom heels. It comes as no surprise that Wiz’s half-sung verse is yet another thinly veiled Amber Rose nod, and Sean feels compelled to share that his girl’s “body [is] Jamaican but the vagina is Asian.” POW! Mike Will‘s production is catchy and easy on the ears, so don’t be surprised if you get the chorus stuck in your head. Check out Live From The Kitchen and keep it locked on DJBooth for more Yo Gotti in the future.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 01/18/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.