Featured back in May, Yo Gotti‘s 5 Star lived up to my early predictions and then some, getting heavy rotation from Southern hip-hop fans and attaining anthem status among countless female listeners. Now, four months later, the hit street single has received the official remix treatment. After Gucci Mane‘s opener and a brand new second verse by the “King of Memphis” himself, the recession-proof Trina jumps on board to assert her own 5 Star status over Hot Rod‘s original boardwork, and Lil Boosie steps back into his Independent mode as he brings the track to a close (Anybody else surprised that neither Hurricane Chris nor Pitbull chipped in for their Polo Grounds/J Records labelmate?). In addition to getting listeners hyped for the 2010 release of Live From The Kitchen, this remix should help build buzz for each of the guest features’ forthcoming solo projects—first up is Boosie’s SuperBad LP, set to hit stores next week (September 15th).
Written by Burmy on 09/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.