Featured back in May, Yo Gotti‘s 5 Star lived up to my early predictions and then some, getting heavy rotation from Southern hip-hop fans and attaining anthem status among countless female listeners. Now, four months later, the hit street single has received the official remix treatment. After Gucci Mane‘s opener and a brand new second verse by the “King of Memphis” himself, the recession-proof Trina jumps on board to assert her own 5 Star status over Hot Rod‘s original boardwork, and Lil Boosie steps back into his Independent mode as he brings the track to a close (Anybody else surprised that neither Hurricane Chris nor Pitbull chipped in for their Polo Grounds/J Records labelmate?). In addition to getting listeners hyped for the 2010 release of Live From The Kitchen, this remix should help build buzz for each of the guest features’ forthcoming solo projects—first up is Boosie’s SuperBad LP, set to hit stores next week (September 15th).
Written by Burmy on 09/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.