Featured back in May, Yo Gotti‘s 5 Star lived up to my early predictions and then some, getting heavy rotation from Southern hip-hop fans and attaining anthem status among countless female listeners. Now, four months later, the hit street single has received the official remix treatment. After Gucci Mane‘s opener and a brand new second verse by the “King of Memphis” himself, the recession-proof Trina jumps on board to assert her own 5 Star status over Hot Rod‘s original boardwork, and Lil Boosie steps back into his Independent mode as he brings the track to a close (Anybody else surprised that neither Hurricane Chris nor Pitbull chipped in for their Polo Grounds/J Records labelmate?). In addition to getting listeners hyped for the 2010 release of Live From The Kitchen, this remix should help build buzz for each of the guest features’ forthcoming solo projects—first up is Boosie’s SuperBad LP, set to hit stores next week (September 15th).
Written by Burmy on 09/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.