Featured back in May, Yo Gotti‘s 5 Star lived up to my early predictions and then some, getting heavy rotation from Southern hip-hop fans and attaining anthem status among countless female listeners. Now, four months later, the hit street single has received the official remix treatment. After Gucci Mane‘s opener and a brand new second verse by the “King of Memphis” himself, the recession-proof Trina jumps on board to assert her own 5 Star status over Hot Rod‘s original boardwork, and Lil Boosie steps back into his Independent mode as he brings the track to a close (Anybody else surprised that neither Hurricane Chris nor Pitbull chipped in for their Polo Grounds/J Records labelmate?). In addition to getting listeners hyped for the 2010 release of Live From The Kitchen, this remix should help build buzz for each of the guest features’ forthcoming solo projects—first up is Boosie’s SuperBad LP, set to hit stores next week (September 15th).
Written by Burmy on 09/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.