Certain rap artists can get away with making R&B-esque ‘for the ladies’ songs, while others simply cannot. Best friends, Ja Rule and 50 Cent, both have mastered the rap/sung slow jam (though 50, the hypocrite that he is would still blast Ja for this). Next up to try his hand at this delicate process is Memphis artist, Yo Gotti. Last heard from a year or so ago after the drop of his TVT Records release, Back 2 Da Basics, Gotti is back with the gangsta slow Let’s Vibe. Pretty Ricky’s Pleasure P. joins Gotti on the song and actually does what the title suggests: vibes. Though the radio edit will be tough to master (no pun intended), Gotti might have etched his name into this members only club.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.