Certain rap artists can get away with making R&B-esque ‘for the ladies’ songs, while others simply cannot. Best friends, Ja Rule and 50 Cent, both have mastered the rap/sung slow jam (though 50, the hypocrite that he is would still blast Ja for this). Next up to try his hand at this delicate process is Memphis artist, Yo Gotti. Last heard from a year or so ago after the drop of his TVT Records release, Back 2 Da Basics, Gotti is back with the gangsta slow Let’s Vibe. Pretty Ricky’s Pleasure P. joins Gotti on the song and actually does what the title suggests: vibes. Though the radio edit will be tough to master (no pun intended), Gotti might have etched his name into this members only club.
Written by DJ Z on 09/10/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.