Certain rap artists can get away with making R&B-esque ‘for the ladies’ songs, while others simply cannot. Best friends, Ja Rule and 50 Cent, both have mastered the rap/sung slow jam (though 50, the hypocrite that he is would still blast Ja for this). Next up to try his hand at this delicate process is Memphis artist, Yo Gotti. Last heard from a year or so ago after the drop of his TVT Records release, Back 2 Da Basics, Gotti is back with the gangsta slow Let’s Vibe. Pretty Ricky’s Pleasure P. joins Gotti on the song and actually does what the title suggests: vibes. Though the radio edit will be tough to master (no pun intended), Gotti might have etched his name into this members only club.
Written by DJ Z on 09/10/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)