Certain rap artists can get away with making R&B-esque ‘for the ladies’ songs, while others simply cannot. Best friends, Ja Rule and 50 Cent, both have mastered the rap/sung slow jam (though 50, the hypocrite that he is would still blast Ja for this). Next up to try his hand at this delicate process is Memphis artist, Yo Gotti. Last heard from a year or so ago after the drop of his TVT Records release, Back 2 Da Basics, Gotti is back with the gangsta slow Let’s Vibe. Pretty Ricky’s Pleasure P. joins Gotti on the song and actually does what the title suggests: vibes. Though the radio edit will be tough to master (no pun intended), Gotti might have etched his name into this members only club.
Written by DJ Z on 09/10/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.