For years artists have creatively devised alternative terms for drugs, violence and sex. In fact, there are so many options when deciding which drug to reference, it’s impossible to even know where to begin. For example, if a rapper talks about his blow, smack, baby powder or white chick, he or she is spittin’ their rhymes about cocaine. Instead of beating around a bush, or attempting to create a PC-version of his song, Memphis rapper Yo Gotti is entitled his new cut by its real name. Joined by Juelz Santana, Cocaine works as an inadvertent Public Service Announcement rolled up into a rap song. The chorus reminds listeners that like money, cocaine makes you do strange things. So does that include recording a catchy song that can’t be pushed toward radio?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!