I know it sounds incredible, but the new single from infamous Memphis rapper and drug dealer Yo Gotti, For the Hood, doesn’t feature Mr. Gotti rapping about dealing drugs, but rather is a complex look at the political, social and economic forces that have conspired to keep millions in poverty. Just kidding. Of course it’s about drugs, clothes, money and hos. While producers Nard & B lay down an appropriately anthemic, synth-centered beat, Gotti takes us on an audio tour of America’s hoods, shouting out every city from Mobile, Alabama to Dallas, Texas. With a topic like that you know Gucci Mane just had to get in on the action, and the icey one jumps on the record with one of the fastest flows I’ve ever heard from him. So how about it Booth? Is this certified banger your new hood anthem? If you like your hip-hop uncompromisingly street and covered in white powder, there’s no doubt you’ll want to
…bad choice of words… procure Gotti’s upcoming album, Live From the Kitchen, when it drops in December.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.