I know it sounds incredible, but the new single from infamous Memphis rapper and drug dealer Yo Gotti, For the Hood, doesn’t feature Mr. Gotti rapping about dealing drugs, but rather is a complex look at the political, social and economic forces that have conspired to keep millions in poverty. Just kidding. Of course it’s about drugs, clothes, money and hos. While producers Nard & B lay down an appropriately anthemic, synth-centered beat, Gotti takes us on an audio tour of America’s hoods, shouting out every city from Mobile, Alabama to Dallas, Texas. With a topic like that you know Gucci Mane just had to get in on the action, and the icey one jumps on the record with one of the fastest flows I’ve ever heard from him. So how about it Booth? Is this certified banger your new hood anthem? If you like your hip-hop uncompromisingly street and covered in white powder, there’s no doubt you’ll want to
…bad choice of words… procure Gotti’s upcoming album, Live From the Kitchen, when it drops in December.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/20/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.