Some artists tailor their music to a small and select crowd who will appreciate it in a deeper way than your average listener. Yo Gotti‘s vision is much more expansive. The first street single off the Memphis representative’s next full-length is addressed to the whole damn world. As he puts it in the intro: “This sh*t here for Errrbody.” To back Gotti’s wry commentary on the hustle, an unknown producer cooks up a whip-ready beat featuring bass-booming percussion and tense, multi-layered synth arpeggios. Will he succeed in pleasing Errybody with this single? That’s a tall order. In any case, those who are feeling it should stay tuned for more fresh cuts off the artist’s currently-unscheduled fifth LP, The Art of Hustle.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)