Some artists tailor their music to a small and select crowd who will appreciate it in a deeper way than your average listener. Yo Gotti‘s vision is much more expansive. The first street single off the Memphis representative’s next full-length is addressed to the whole damn world. As he puts it in the intro: “This sh*t here for Errrbody.” To back Gotti’s wry commentary on the hustle, an unknown producer cooks up a whip-ready beat featuring bass-booming percussion and tense, multi-layered synth arpeggios. Will he succeed in pleasing Errybody with this single? That’s a tall order. In any case, those who are feeling it should stay tuned for more fresh cuts off the artist’s currently-unscheduled fifth LP, The Art of Hustle.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.