Some artists tailor their music to a small and select crowd who will appreciate it in a deeper way than your average listener. Yo Gotti‘s vision is much more expansive. The first street single off the Memphis representative’s next full-length is addressed to the whole damn world. As he puts it in the intro: “This sh*t here for Errrbody.” To back Gotti’s wry commentary on the hustle, an unknown producer cooks up a whip-ready beat featuring bass-booming percussion and tense, multi-layered synth arpeggios. Will he succeed in pleasing Errybody with this single? That’s a tall order. In any case, those who are feeling it should stay tuned for more fresh cuts off the artist’s currently-unscheduled fifth LP, The Art of Hustle.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.