Some artists tailor their music to a small and select crowd who will appreciate it in a deeper way than your average listener. Yo Gotti‘s vision is much more expansive. The first street single off the Memphis representative’s next full-length is addressed to the whole damn world. As he puts it in the intro: “This sh*t here for Errrbody.” To back Gotti’s wry commentary on the hustle, an unknown producer cooks up a whip-ready beat featuring bass-booming percussion and tense, multi-layered synth arpeggios. Will he succeed in pleasing Errybody with this single? That’s a tall order. In any case, those who are feeling it should stay tuned for more fresh cuts off the artist’s currently-unscheduled fifth LP, The Art of Hustle.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)