Update: We have added visuals for Yo Gotti’s Cold Blood single.
Yo Gotti may be on his King Sh*t, but he paid a heavy price for the crown. On newly-released single Cold Blood, the Memphis representative reflects on the street life’s tendency to turn young hustlers’ hearts to stone, flowing over a sample from The 24 Carat Black’s classic Poverty’s Paradise. First in Flight State heavyweight J. Cole recounts a homie’s tragic downfall in a show-stealing second verse. In addition to handling production, Canei Finch steps out from behind the boards to deliver the cut’s understated hook. I Am is now available in record stores and online retailers, as of November 19.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.