Following the April 7 release of mixtape/comp album CM2, Yo Gotti is officially free from his contract with The Orchard (which started off as a deal with its now-defunct predecessor, TVT Records). No need for an industry-wide bidding war, though; Gotti’s already found a comfortable label home with PoloGrounds Music/J Records, where he’ll release his sixth studio album (and major-label debut), Live From The Kitchen. On the first single, Gotti describes a woman who can make her own money, pay all her own bills, and take care of her kids, all without losing her cool—now that’s a 5 Star chick! Produced by Hot Rod, this record is proof that Gotti knows what kind of record the ladies love. Expect 5 Star to earn chart success and club spins, as well as being quoted on plenty of females’ MySpace pages! In any case, the record gives listeners a whiff of what Yo Gotti’s cooking up on Live From The Kitchen, which is currently set to come out the oven this September.
Listen to More: Yo Gotti Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.