Following the April 7 release of mixtape/comp album CM2, Yo Gotti is officially free from his contract with The Orchard (which started off as a deal with its now-defunct predecessor, TVT Records). No need for an industry-wide bidding war, though; Gotti’s already found a comfortable label home with PoloGrounds Music/J Records, where he’ll release his sixth studio album (and major-label debut), Live From The Kitchen. On the first single, Gotti describes a woman who can make her own money, pay all her own bills, and take care of her kids, all without losing her cool—now that’s a 5 Star chick! Produced by Hot Rod, this record is proof that Gotti knows what kind of record the ladies love. Expect 5 Star to earn chart success and club spins, as well as being quoted on plenty of females’ MySpace pages! In any case, the record gives listeners a whiff of what Yo Gotti’s cooking up on Live From The Kitchen, which is currently set to come out the oven this September.
Listen to More: Yo Gotti Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.