Following the April 7 release of mixtape/comp album CM2, Yo Gotti is officially free from his contract with The Orchard (which started off as a deal with its now-defunct predecessor, TVT Records). No need for an industry-wide bidding war, though; Gotti’s already found a comfortable label home with PoloGrounds Music/J Records, where he’ll release his sixth studio album (and major-label debut), Live From The Kitchen. On the first single, Gotti describes a woman who can make her own money, pay all her own bills, and take care of her kids, all without losing her cool—now that’s a 5 Star chick! Produced by Hot Rod, this record is proof that Gotti knows what kind of record the ladies love. Expect 5 Star to earn chart success and club spins, as well as being quoted on plenty of females’ MySpace pages! In any case, the record gives listeners a whiff of what Yo Gotti’s cooking up on Live From The Kitchen, which is currently set to come out the oven this September.
Written by Burmy on 05/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.