Following the April 7 release of mixtape/comp album CM2, Yo Gotti is officially free from his contract with The Orchard (which started off as a deal with its now-defunct predecessor, TVT Records). No need for an industry-wide bidding war, though; Gotti’s already found a comfortable label home with PoloGrounds Music/J Records, where he’ll release his sixth studio album (and major-label debut), Live From The Kitchen. On the first single, Gotti describes a woman who can make her own money, pay all her own bills, and take care of her kids, all without losing her cool—now that’s a 5 Star chick! Produced by Hot Rod, this record is proof that Gotti knows what kind of record the ladies love. Expect 5 Star to earn chart success and club spins, as well as being quoted on plenty of females’ MySpace pages! In any case, the record gives listeners a whiff of what Yo Gotti’s cooking up on Live From The Kitchen, which is currently set to come out the oven this September.
Written by Burmy on 05/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got Them " (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.