When ranking emcees, one finds that many of them are interchangeable. The difference between them often seems minimal or nonexistent. The Separation between Yo Dot and your average emcee? Let’s just say just say you’d need a sizable bridge to span the distance between them. Just listen to his command of the mic and tell me he isn’t light years ahead of the competition. As Lib Gibson’s poignant beat, driven by a sped-up vocal sample, blasts, Yo Dot gets introspective, sharing a gritty look at life in the Milwaukee streets. Despite the serious subject matter, his approach is hardened, exhibiting a tough-as-nails delivery and a commanding, gritty flow. The Separation is not part of the project, but those who like what they’re hearing are highly encouraged to check out Yo Dot’s DJBooth-hosted Sherman Park Memoirs LP.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/15/13
Submit your Rating
Umbrella Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Just Trying to Live" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.