When ranking emcees, one finds that many of them are interchangeable. The difference between them often seems minimal or nonexistent. The Separation between Yo Dot and your average emcee? Let’s just say just say you’d need a sizable bridge to span the distance between them. Just listen to his command of the mic and tell me he isn’t light years ahead of the competition. As Lib Gibson’s poignant beat, driven by a sped-up vocal sample, blasts, Yo Dot gets introspective, sharing a gritty look at life in the Milwaukee streets. Despite the serious subject matter, his approach is hardened, exhibiting a tough-as-nails delivery and a commanding, gritty flow. The Separation is not part of the project, but those who like what they’re hearing are highly encouraged to check out Yo Dot’s DJBooth-hosted Sherman Park Memoirs LP.
Umbrella Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Just Trying to Live" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.