In order to cut costs, many restaurants will serve rockfish or other cheaper snapper species in place of the highly-prized Red Snapper. When Milwaukee emcee Yo Dot‘s working the stove, however, you can expect nothing but the best. Making its world premiere on our front page, this new single finds the Red Mist spitter vaunting the superiority of his product over Michael “CAMEone” Cerda‘s mesmerizing keyboard loops. The beatsmith’s sampled hook drives the point home, placing Yo Dot in the august company of Jay-Z, Big Pun and other top-tier lyrical poissonniers. Still hungry? Then keep it locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the June 12, arrival of Sherman Park Memoirs.
Written by richard on 04/19/13
Submit your Rating
Umbrella Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Just Trying to Live" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.