In order to cut costs, many restaurants will serve rockfish or other cheaper snapper species in place of the highly-prized Red Snapper. When Milwaukee emcee Yo Dot‘s working the stove, however, you can expect nothing but the best. Making its world premiere on our front page, this new single finds the Red Mist spitter vaunting the superiority of his product over Michael “CAMEone” Cerda‘s mesmerizing keyboard loops. The beatsmith’s sampled hook drives the point home, placing Yo Dot in the august company of Jay-Z, Big Pun and other top-tier lyrical poissonniers. Still hungry? Then keep it locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the June 12, arrival of Sherman Park Memoirs.
Written by richard on 04/19/13
Submit your Rating
Umbrella Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Just Trying to Live" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.