Thanks to the short winter days, Yo Dot‘s hometown has been looking a little gloomy lately. But the Milwaukee rhymesayer isn’t tripping—after all, he came up in the streets where the sun Never Shines. On this newly-released loosie, an outtake from his forthcoming EP, the artist reminisces about a childhood on the wrong side of the tracks. With Regular Joe Productions’ icy keyboard loops as his canvas, Dot describes his growth from a young’n stealing bikes on the Southside to a full-fledged (and eventually incarcerated) hustler. On the back, he offers a few words of hope and encouragement to friends who are still in the joint. While Never Shines, as mentioned above, won’t be included Dot’s next project, it should leave fans even more excited for what did make the cut. Featuring November’s reader-acclaimed I’m on It and much more, A Winter’s Ration is scheduled for digital release January 22.
Written by richard on 01/9/14
Submit your Rating
Umbrella Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Just Trying to Live" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)