Yinka Diz returns for his second Booth feature with another record from his forthcoming project, New Art, New Money. His latest offering, Wind in My Caesar, featuring Booth regular Marky, is a soulful joint with El Puto Coke on production. Listening to his music, one thing is for sure, you’ll never find him slacking at his momma’s house on his momma’s couch (well, unless he’s visiting). The son of a Nigerian immigrant father and a mother who grew up on the rough side of Chicago, Yinka’s childhood included time in the Chi, Inland Empire (just outside of L.A.), some time abroad and now D.C. Those experiences helped craft the sound of the 25-year-old emcee/producer, who honestly reveals as much with lines like “I’m 25, I should be dead or in jail.” Wind in My Caesar is a song that’s about a sense of accomplishment, and it doesn’t hurt that the beat is dope and the hook is catchy. As Yinka so honestly says, “I ain’t whipping a Beamer, I’m just cruising with the wind in my Caesar…” Now that’s the kind of real rap I can relate to.
Written by ThroatChopU on 05/25/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.