Born to a Chicagoan mother and a Nigerian father, raised in Inland Empire, schooled in Paris and currently residing in D.C., Booth newcomer Yinka Diz is not an artist who can be pinned down to a single region. New single Stand Tall finds the emcee/producer showcasing his versatility and his eclectic style, cooking up a soulful instrumental backdrop for his own determination-drenched rhymes, as well as those of guest collaborators Glasses Malone and Annimean. New Art, New Money has yet to receive a release date, but those who like what they’re hearing should watch for a fresh leak featuring DMV repper Marky to drop next week.
Written by richard on 05/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wind in My Caesar" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.