“So Ying Yang, whatcha gonna do since you no longer signed with Collipark?” This is the question posed in the opening verse of Freak, the first single from the Ying Yang Twins since parting ways with long-time producer and label head, Mr. Collipark. Collipark is one of the innovators credited with the development of the crunk genre, so fans may be wondering how this will affect Ying Yang’s sound. But fear not, Freak is the same sort of epic anthem that the Ying Yang are famous for, telling the story of an adventurous young woman over a beat reminiscent of the George of The Jungle cartoon theme.
Written by Beeb on 05/22/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.