Good news for fans of club music and big ol’ asses! The now-unsigned Ying Yang Twins have reunited with CEO/beatsmith Mr. Collipark (a frequent collaborator during their TVT days) to bring Experience Unlimited’s ‘88 hit, Da Butt, into the 2010s. Expressly crafted to get gluteus maximus-es vibrating, newly-released promo single Da Bubble Butt finds Collipark serving up a funky, bass-booming beat as Kane and D-Roc deliver simple yet effective verses, mixing chanted dance instructions with shout-outs to the callipygian (“Adj., having beautifully proportioned buttocks.” You’ll want to remember that one for the SAT.) likes of Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj and Lola Luv. Complete with a stuttered hook that I’ll probably have running through my head for the rest of the afternoon, Da Bubble Butt is an ass-shaking anthem that just about any booty-lover should be able to get behind – lousy pun intended – but will it get the label execs’ attention? For now, we can only speculate.
Written by richard on 01/12/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.