Good news for fans of club music and big ol’ asses! The now-unsigned Ying Yang Twins have reunited with CEO/beatsmith Mr. Collipark (a frequent collaborator during their TVT days) to bring Experience Unlimited’s ‘88 hit, Da Butt, into the 2010s. Expressly crafted to get gluteus maximus-es vibrating, newly-released promo single Da Bubble Butt finds Collipark serving up a funky, bass-booming beat as Kane and D-Roc deliver simple yet effective verses, mixing chanted dance instructions with shout-outs to the callipygian (“Adj., having beautifully proportioned buttocks.” You’ll want to remember that one for the SAT.) likes of Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj and Lola Luv. Complete with a stuttered hook that I’ll probably have running through my head for the rest of the afternoon, Da Bubble Butt is an ass-shaking anthem that just about any booty-lover should be able to get behind – lousy pun intended – but will it get the label execs’ attention? For now, we can only speculate.
Written by richard on 01/12/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.