When I was just a fresh-faced young lad with an NES addiction, I pestered my parents into buying me a plastic Boomerang, only to find that actually getting the damn thing to return was nowhere near as simple as The Legend of Zelda made it look. Unlike that piece of junk (yeah, I’m still a little bitter), Kane and D-Roc of the Ying Yang Twins don’t stay gone for long; though they currently lack a label home, the duo have nonetheless made it their mission to take back the clubs, with the help of longtime collaborator Mr. Collipark. Backed by the heavyweight beatsmith’s booming percussion, Chipmunked vocal samples and squelching synths, the Twins analyze the effects of recent upheavals on the geopolitical situation in the Middle East. Just kidding; as usual, it’s all about big ol’ asses. Though the twosome’s gruff reflections on the female anatomy aren’t going to revolutionize the game, the crunk mainstays clearly haven’t forgotten how to get bodies moving – or do I have it twisted? If you’re digging it, you can expect more primo rump-shaking material on Collipark’s Can I Have the Club Back, Please? mixtape, scheduled to drop March 2.
Written by richard on 02/17/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.