When I was just a fresh-faced young lad with an NES addiction, I pestered my parents into buying me a plastic Boomerang, only to find that actually getting the damn thing to return was nowhere near as simple as The Legend of Zelda made it look. Unlike that piece of junk (yeah, I’m still a little bitter), Kane and D-Roc of the Ying Yang Twins don’t stay gone for long; though they currently lack a label home, the duo have nonetheless made it their mission to take back the clubs, with the help of longtime collaborator Mr. Collipark. Backed by the heavyweight beatsmith’s booming percussion, Chipmunked vocal samples and squelching synths, the Twins analyze the effects of recent upheavals on the geopolitical situation in the Middle East. Just kidding; as usual, it’s all about big ol’ asses. Though the twosome’s gruff reflections on the female anatomy aren’t going to revolutionize the game, the crunk mainstays clearly haven’t forgotten how to get bodies moving – or do I have it twisted? If you’re digging it, you can expect more primo rump-shaking material on Collipark’s Can I Have the Club Back, Please? mixtape, scheduled to drop March 2.
Written by richard on 02/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dangerous ft. Wyclef" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.