When I was just a fresh-faced young lad with an NES addiction, I pestered my parents into buying me a plastic Boomerang, only to find that actually getting the damn thing to return was nowhere near as simple as The Legend of Zelda made it look. Unlike that piece of junk (yeah, I’m still a little bitter), Kane and D-Roc of the Ying Yang Twins don’t stay gone for long; though they currently lack a label home, the duo have nonetheless made it their mission to take back the clubs, with the help of longtime collaborator Mr. Collipark. Backed by the heavyweight beatsmith’s booming percussion, Chipmunked vocal samples and squelching synths, the Twins analyze the effects of recent upheavals on the geopolitical situation in the Middle East. Just kidding; as usual, it’s all about big ol’ asses. Though the twosome’s gruff reflections on the female anatomy aren’t going to revolutionize the game, the crunk mainstays clearly haven’t forgotten how to get bodies moving – or do I have it twisted? If you’re digging it, you can expect more primo rump-shaking material on Collipark’s Can I Have the Club Back, Please? mixtape, scheduled to drop March 2.
Written by richard on 02/17/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dangerous ft. Wyclef" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)