The Sky Is the Limit, a freestyle off Lil Wayne‘s Da Drought 3 tape, opens with the lines, “You know I ride for my motherf**king n**gas / Most likely I’mma die with my finger on the trigger.” Fresh off signing to CTE, Compton emcee YG borrows Weezy’s words (as well as the chorus of C-Murder‘s classic Down 4 My Niggas) to express his loyalty to his newfound fam on new promo single Ride For [My N*gga]. Appropriately, the cut finds YG joined on the mic by Corporate Thugz capo Jeezy, who voices his admiration for his new hire on verse two. ATL newcomer Rich Homie Quan rounds out the lineup, contributing a lightly-AutoTuned 16 on the front. Ride won’t be part of a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on YG’s plans as he settles into his label home.
Written by richard on 06/20/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Records/CTE
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In The Morning" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.