Ahh…the life of a young and successful MC. In his DJBooth debut, YG teams up with singer Ty$ and familiar faces Big K.R.I.T. and Big Sean, to bring us In Tha Morning, an ode to the good life. With the help of a celebratory beat crafted by Oddz.N.Endz, the Def Jam signee elaborates on his morning activities with women…a picture that he paints oh so vividly. Big K.R.I.T. delivers a similar verse where he gives new meaning to a “breakfast of champions”, a line that I’m sure will melt the hearts of women everywhere. Last up is Big Sean who hits us with a third dose of bedroom imagery and, I must say, quite a Biggie reference. Besides a pretty catchy chorus by Ty$, there’s not much standout material here. Not sure if standout was even the objective on this one, though. I’m interested to see what listeners think of the Compton native’s new single, packed with all of the cash stacking and panty pulling that hip-hop opponents just love to hate (and we hate to love). As of now, there’s no official word on a debut album from YG, but keep it locked for more.
Written by CourtlandHH on 12/6/10
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Records/CTE
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hell Yeah" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.