Would you like to hear YG join forces with Young Money representative Tyga and R&B heavyweight Chris Brown on a brand new single? If you answered that question with a hearty “Hell yeah,” then allow me to present… Hell Yeah. On the latest selection off his forthcoming Def Jam debut, the Compton representative who brought us weed-money-and-b*tches anthem In Tha Morning tries his hand at a full-fledged ladies’ jam; backed by G. Casso‘s cozy, synth-driven production, the young emcee indulges in some pillow talk with his girl, responding to her every sexual demand with an enthusiastic affirmative. Tyga continues in a similarly lustful vein on the middle, notably – and hilariously – assuring the object of his affections that she need not fret over transportation home: “Don’t worry about where your car is / I’ma give you this d*ck to ride.” The hook, of course, falls to Chris Breezy, who tops it all off with a pop-appealing chorus. Catchy melody, call-and-response hook, risque subject matter – could YG have a hit on his hands? Those who answered that one with a “Hell yeah” should keep it locked for the latest on Just Re’d Up, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Def Jam Records/CTE
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In The Morning" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.