Failing to give a talented up-and-comer the Applause he deserves… for shame, Booth readers! Wait, what was that? Jersey rapper YFame hasn’t actually been featured in the Booth before, and some of you don’t know who he is? Oh. My bad. While demanding praise right off the bat might seem a tad presumptuous, knocking a rapper for being arrogant is like criticizing a fish for swimming too much – plus, in this case, his self-confidence seems to be justified. Backed by the street-ready piano-loop beat (complete with backing “La-la-la”s and Popular Demand-esque brass on the chorus) of Stro, the Booth newcomer lists off all the reasons why we should be showing our appreciation – from the eminently reasonable (“For makin’ my own sound, respectin’ the old and new.”) to the dubious (“For being modest.) to the, uh, seasonally appropriate (“For bein’ what you call a musical Santa Claus.”). So, how about it; think this joint deserves a standing ovation? If your answer’s “Yes,” or if you need further evidence on which to base your decision, you can hear more on Fame’s Somebody-ish Nobody mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 12/2/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)