Failing to give a talented up-and-comer the Applause he deserves… for shame, Booth readers! Wait, what was that? Jersey rapper YFame hasn’t actually been featured in the Booth before, and some of you don’t know who he is? Oh. My bad. While demanding praise right off the bat might seem a tad presumptuous, knocking a rapper for being arrogant is like criticizing a fish for swimming too much – plus, in this case, his self-confidence seems to be justified. Backed by the street-ready piano-loop beat (complete with backing “La-la-la”s and Popular Demand-esque brass on the chorus) of Stro, the Booth newcomer lists off all the reasons why we should be showing our appreciation – from the eminently reasonable (“For makin’ my own sound, respectin’ the old and new.”) to the dubious (“For being modest.) to the, uh, seasonally appropriate (“For bein’ what you call a musical Santa Claus.”). So, how about it; think this joint deserves a standing ovation? If your answer’s “Yes,” or if you need further evidence on which to base your decision, you can hear more on Fame’s Somebody-ish Nobody mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 12/2/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.