Failing to give a talented up-and-comer the Applause he deserves… for shame, Booth readers! Wait, what was that? Jersey rapper YFame hasn’t actually been featured in the Booth before, and some of you don’t know who he is? Oh. My bad. While demanding praise right off the bat might seem a tad presumptuous, knocking a rapper for being arrogant is like criticizing a fish for swimming too much – plus, in this case, his self-confidence seems to be justified. Backed by the street-ready piano-loop beat (complete with backing “La-la-la”s and Popular Demand-esque brass on the chorus) of Stro, the Booth newcomer lists off all the reasons why we should be showing our appreciation – from the eminently reasonable (“For makin’ my own sound, respectin’ the old and new.”) to the dubious (“For being modest.) to the, uh, seasonally appropriate (“For bein’ what you call a musical Santa Claus.”). So, how about it; think this joint deserves a standing ovation? If your answer’s “Yes,” or if you need further evidence on which to base your decision, you can hear more on Fame’s Somebody-ish Nobody mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 12/2/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.