Yelawolf may be “Country Fresh” and proud of it, but those looking for a straightforward down-South anthem may be disappointed in Whistle Dixie, the latest single off his collaborative set with Travis Barker. Those craving Yela’s trademark grimy eclecticism, however, are likely to dig the record, which finds the Blink-182 percussionist enlisting the Riverside Community College Drum Line to create a crisp, martial backdrop for the Gadsden rhymesayer and recent A3C showcase headliner‘s cryptic social commentary. To complement the cut’s frightening subject matter—rural poverty and quota-happy cops get obliquely referenced—director Monseé creates some grim, Halloween-appropriate official visuals. For Dixie and much more, check out Psycho White when it hits record stores and online retailers November 13.
Written by richard on 11/1/12
Gadsen, Alabama rhymesayer Yelawolf (a performer in the Booth's recent A3C showcase) has joined forces with Blink-182 drummer-turned solo hitmaker Travis Barker to create a new, genre-bending collaborative EP. Psycho White...
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.