Yelawolf may be “Country Fresh” and proud of it, but those looking for a straightforward down-South anthem may be disappointed in Whistle Dixie, the latest single off his collaborative set with Travis Barker. Those craving Yela’s trademark grimy eclecticism, however, are likely to dig the record, which finds the Blink-182 percussionist enlisting the Riverside Community College Drum Line to create a crisp, martial backdrop for the Gadsden rhymesayer and recent A3C showcase headliner‘s cryptic social commentary. To complement the cut’s frightening subject matter—rural poverty and quota-happy cops get obliquely referenced—director Monseé creates some grim, Halloween-appropriate official visuals. For Dixie and much more, check out Psycho White when it hits record stores and online retailers November 13.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!