Yelawolf may be “Country Fresh” and proud of it, but those looking for a straightforward down-South anthem may be disappointed in Whistle Dixie, the latest single off his collaborative set with Travis Barker. Those craving Yela’s trademark grimy eclecticism, however, are likely to dig the record, which finds the Blink-182 percussionist enlisting the Riverside Community College Drum Line to create a crisp, martial backdrop for the Gadsden rhymesayer and recent A3C showcase headliner‘s cryptic social commentary. To complement the cut’s frightening subject matter—rural poverty and quota-happy cops get obliquely referenced—director Monseé creates some grim, Halloween-appropriate official visuals. For Dixie and much more, check out Psycho White when it hits record stores and online retailers November 13.
Written by richard on 11/1/12
Gadsen, Alabama rhymesayer Yelawolf (a performer in the Booth's recent A3C showcase) has joined forces with Blink-182 drummer-turned solo hitmaker Travis Barker to create a new, genre-bending collaborative EP. Psycho White...
Shady / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.