Yelawolf may be “Country Fresh” and proud of it, but those looking for a straightforward down-South anthem may be disappointed in Whistle Dixie, the latest single off his collaborative set with Travis Barker. Those craving Yela’s trademark grimy eclecticism, however, are likely to dig the record, which finds the Blink-182 percussionist enlisting the Riverside Community College Drum Line to create a crisp, martial backdrop for the Gadsden rhymesayer and recent A3C showcase headliner‘s cryptic social commentary. To complement the cut’s frightening subject matter—rural poverty and quota-happy cops get obliquely referenced—director Monseé creates some grim, Halloween-appropriate official visuals. For Dixie and much more, check out Psycho White when it hits record stores and online retailers November 13.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.